for a closer look

place cursor on photo and click

Saturday, July 2, 2011

day 510 - birthday flowers

what do you expect to get as gift when you turn 58? a car? an all expenses paid vacation? a new boyfriend perhaps? well, no one in my family or my inner circle of friends has much clout to afford any of those. because those are the only things i don't have. not that i'd want a car, i don't want the hassle of maintenance. i'd like an all-expenses paid vacation but i know i will have to come up with that myself. a new boyfriend is out of the question, and no, thank you very much. peace and quiet, are those too much to ask for? apparently not, because the hooligans kept calling since early this morning and ex-partner who lives across the hall 'had' to take me to lunch. next year, i'll have my birthday changed to a different date.

2 comments:

  1. maybe one day we can share Sushi for seniors on your birthday....I've always wanted to go to your part of the world....

    ReplyDelete
  2. that'd be awesome, DG. i, too, am looking forward to the day when i get to meet you. maybe one day i'll go visit australia! why not!

    ReplyDelete