for a closer look

place cursor on photo and click

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

day 661 - mother and child

jogged at the seaside this morning, taking in the warm breeze of manila bay. ben and i went past this lady and i told him that would make a beautiful portrait. about three metres after we passed the lady, i told him, "i want to take a photo" and i jogged backwards.

"excuse me, ma'am," i said. "may i take a photo of you and your baby?"

she gave me a polite smile, then said, "may i ask, ma'am, what it is for?"

i was at a loss for words. should i have told her i was going to post it on the internet? no, bad idea. haven't done the 'thinking on my feet fast' in a long time so i came up with: "it just reminded me of how my mother used to sun my younger siblings." brilliant idea, i told myself.

the lady hesitated, looked at her child, then smiled back at me.

"okay, but please, no usog."

usog meaning no 'spell'.

for a while there i thought she was going to make me wipe saliva on her baby's tummy or foot.

ben, all this while, was just watching me "in action", amused at my 'boldness' as he called it.

but i got my photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment