for a closer look

place cursor on photo and click

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

day 667 - i still got it!

there is someone in my life that i associate with the moon and he was such an unexpected part of my holiday last month. he was quite surprised that i still remember that night in school when he sang 'my foolish heart' to me. i was telling him this while winding up our jog one morning at the seaside. he was even more surprised when i told him that he kissed me first one night while we were walking on this very seaside. how could i remember all this, he asked. "i guess, you just don't forget the good things!" forty-some years and nothing's changed, the feelings i mean.

one time, he let out a 'what if it had been you and me?', staring out to the sea, a poignant expression in his face; his wife about ten metres away from us, angst in her face, and myself smiling like a cheshire cat.

"i still got it!" was all i could tell my friend when i got back from the run that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment