for a closer look

place cursor on photo and click

Saturday, December 31, 2011

day 692 - i left my heart right beside manila bay

woke up this morning to the beep of my cellphone. a text arrived, greeting me happy new year. and suddenly the yearning became out of control. i cried because i know i left my heart, this time, permanently. my body and soul might be here, but my heart is so many miles away, 13 hours ahead of this time zone.

he once told me that if we're meant to be, we would still be together even in our old age. it is that hope that keeps the love alive. it may be a hopeless aspiration, and we both have a healthy realization that we shall never be, unless a thermonuclear explosion happens, but we can dream, can't we?

i took this photo one morning we met up to jog. in fact, he was the one who pointed the boater to me and chuckled at the 'purple' colour of the boat. i call this 'our purple boat', captured forever. i miss him. and i miss the heat in manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment