for a closer look

place cursor on photo and click

Sunday, January 1, 2012

day 693 - tide's inn

in weeding out my junk drawers, i found this unfinished cross stitch project, one among four. this was the second project of my cross-stitch phase back in the mid-nineties. other more complicated projects came after this causing me to abandon finishing this up. i had considered framing it without stitching the 'outlines' because i thought it was nice in itself. but i didn't want to frame a half-ass project so i started the outlines but i got bored as, as i had said, i've done more complicated projects after i started this and i felt the outlines were too 'amateur' for me. so it went into the back burner. eight years ago, i actually started to re-do the outlines but by then i was way past my 'crafty' stage and for a third time this project got abandoned again.

today, my young niece, who used to watch me do this very project as a little girl, asked if she could finish it for me. so i gave it to her along with two others for her to finish. i told her when at the time i started doing this that she will 'inherit' all my projects when i die. well, i haven't died yet obviously but what's to keep me from letting her inherit the project if it would mean having them finished. i'd probably be paying for the framing though. well, it's good to see them finished while i am alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment